Wednesday 13 June 2012

LONDON: Wicked, Diamond Jubilee, Harry Potter

Last week (2nd-5th of June), my sister and I went to LONDON!! God I love that city soo much! I don't think I've found anything that I don't like about it (actually maybe the high prices!). We basically went down for an early birthday present for me although it didn't feel anything like that so I'll probably discount that.

Anyway I'm going to give you a quick(ish) overview of what we did etc etc!

Day One
I won't bore you with all the travel stuff! But we arrived in London at about 1ish but we couldn't book into our hotel until 3! So we had Burger King at Euston station and sat people watching for a good 2 hours. My pathetic phone died :( so it wasn't the best start! However after we got into our hotel we went to Victoria (to see WICKED!).
We went for dinner at Cafe Rouge (which I love so much) then we made our way to the Apollo Theatre!!



I can't even describe how good Wicked is. Seriously. It is beyond amazing!! Rachel Tucker & Gina Beck were spectacular! I can't stop listening to the soundtrack now, think it's annoying Seb & my flatmates but they do need to be introduced to good music some time...

Day Two

Gemma was desperate to go to the Thames Pageant. So we go up early and made our way to the Chelsea Embankment. Although on judgement now we probably should have got closer to Big Ben or Tower Bridge for a better atmosphere. However it was fine there. We go a good spot but it was only 12pm and it wasn't passing until 3pm! Unfortunately a couple behind us starting pushing us forward (they were like 70) and there was no one behind them so I have no idea why they were doing it. We decided to move because I couldn't stand this old mans stomach touching me all the time (ew perve). We walked along the embankment for 2 hours and then found a spot next to a screen.


Saw this cute little doggy!

Eventually the boats passed and it was exciting to see the royal barge and I did see the Royal Family but they were teeny! Thank god I have contacts!
We left shortly after the RF passed and made our way to Victoria station for some food. Think everybody had the same idea! It was mobbed but luckily we got a seat quickly at Garfunkels. Good food but that restaurant need to employ more staff & work on their customer service!

Day Three



IT WAS HARRY POTTER STUDIO DAY!!
This was truly amazing! So much to see! One of my friends spent apparently 6 hours in there which I think is a bit of an exaggeration! I only spent 3 hours in there and one hour of that was standing waiting for this:



I can't help but laugh everytime I see this! so so funny!

And that was really a quick overview of the holiday. Don't want to write too much or else I'll be here all day!

Chloe
x


No comments:

Post a Comment